Last updated: April 8, 2022
Acceptance of Terms
Consent to Communications
Some features may require you to accept email or text communications. By enrolling in these features and providing your email or cell phone number, you consent to receive these communications. If you no longer wish to receive email or text communications, you may notify us by replying STOP to cancel text communications and UNSUBSCRIBE to cancel email communications.
Restrictions on Your Use
You may not perform, or cause to be performed, the following activities:
- license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party any portion of the Websites;
- use the Websites for any unlawful purpose;
- violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- submit false or misleading information;
- access or attempt to access another user’s account;
- upload or transmit viruses or malicious code that may be to adversely affect the functionality or operation of our Services, our website, or any third-party website;
- interfere with or circumvent the security features of our Services, our website, or any third-party website.
- collect or track the personal information of others; or
- spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape.
Our Websites and their features contain text, audio, video, and visual content that is protected by the intellectual property laws of the United States and other countries. You agree to abide by all intellectual property laws and not steal or use without permission another’s intellectual property.
The trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade names displayed on the Websites (collectively the “Marks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of RPA, its licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on RPA not owned by RPA are the property of their respective owners. You may not use any of our Marks without our written consent.
We grant you a revocable, limited license to copy reprint, publish, reproduce, or otherwise display materials created by RPA and made available through RPA (collectively, the “RPA Works”), subject to the following conditions and limitations:
- The Websites are available to you only for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- You must attribute all RPA Works to Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors and provide a link to the URL from which you obtained the material.
- Any article, video, data, or other materials that you reprint or otherwise reproduce must be displayed with its by-line.
- You may copy reprint, publish, reproduce, or otherwise display materials created by RPA and made available through RPA (collectively, the “RPA Works”) on the condition that you attribute those materials to RPA or Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, as applicable, and provide a link to the RPA website (https://www.rockpa.org/). Specifically, any article or materials that you reprint or otherwise reproduce must be displayed with its by-line, if applicable
- Except as expressly permitted above, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any material produced by RPA. You may not distribute any material produced by RPA over any network, including a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale.
- If you breach any of these terms, we reserve the right to withdraw your license to republish or otherwise display our material. In this situation, you must take immediate steps to remove our material from all current and past communications.
If you submit any reviews, suggestions, complaints, or other feedback (collectively, “Submissions”), you agree that we may, at any time and without restriction, edit, publish, translate, and otherwise use your Submissions to promote our website.
Third Party Links and Content
Much of the information made available on or through the Websites is provided by third parties or other RPA visitors or users (such information, “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on RPA does not indicate any approval or endorsement by RPA or verification of its accuracy.
RPA disclaims all liability that may arise from your use, reliance, or access to Third-Party Content or Third-Party Links.
Claims of Copyright Infringement (DMCA Take-Down Notice)
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by RPA infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices concerning RPA should be sent to: email@example.com.
THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND AVAILABLE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT USE OF THE WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT FOUND ON THE WEBSITES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITES WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE WEBSITES WILL BE VIRUS-FREE.
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER RPA, NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE WEBSITES.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
These websites are operated by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, 6 West 48th St., New York, NY 10036. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.